Nominations now open in the 2017 Chesterfield Retail Awards
Chesterfield’s shoppers are being called on to nominate their favourite shops and stores in the town’s 2017 Retail Awards.
Now in their fourth year, the prestigious awards are open to retailers and market stall holders in and around Chesterfield town centre, as well as those in Brampton and Whittington Moor.
People can nominate across 15 categories in the awards, which are designed to recognise the very best independent and high street retailers in Chesterfield.
Everyone who nominates will also be entered into a free prize draw to win a three course Sunday lunch at the Chesterfield Restaurant of the Year 2016, Cocina at the Casa Hotel.
Organiser of the popular awards, Dom Stevens, Manager of Destination Chesterfield, said: “The Retail Awards are an excellent opportunity for people to show their appreciation for the many shops, stores and market stalls within Chesterfield.
“Each and every one of the town’s retailers ensure that shoppers gain an experience that they couldn’t possibly get online, whether that is brilliant customer service, choice or advice. If you think someone deserves an award, make sure you nominate them.”
This year, Chesterfield-based IT and communications specialist Addooco IT Ltd, has been announced as the headline sponsor of the 2017 Retail Awards. Richard Walters, Managing Director of Addooco, said: ““As a long-standing Chesterfield business Addooco is proud to be sponsoring the 2017 Retail Awards.
“We recognise the great value our retailers bring to ensure our town remains a vibrant and interesting place for residents and visitors alike. In these times of the online shopping generation our retailers have done a great job of offering a strong range of quality products to ensure consumers continue putting their money back in to the local economy. Addooco has a stated business objective to buy locally wherever possible and we would encourage others to do the same.”
Nominations, which can be made online at www.chesterfield.co.uk/retailawards/nominate, are open until midnight on Sunday 5 March.
The 15 categories open for nominations in the 2017 Chesterfield Retail Awards include:
· Hair and Beauty Business of the Year – Sponsored by Chesterfield College
· Fashion and Footwear Retailer of the Year – sponsored by In the Works PR
· Jewellery and Accessories Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by the Pavements Shopping Centre
· Home and Gifts Retailer of the Year – Presented by Chesterfield Healthy High Streets
· Children’s Clothes, Toys & Accessories Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by Progression Accountancy
· Food and Drink Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by Custom Solar
· Phones and Technology Retailer of the Year – Presented by Addooco IT Ltd
· Leisure Retailer of the Year (Sports, Hobbies, Crafts or Outdoor) – Sponsored by Peak FM
· Market Trader of the Year – Sponsored by Chesterfield Borough Council
· Independent Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by Jumble Design
· National/ Multiple Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by Vicar Lane Shopping Centre
· Excellence in Customer Service – Sponsored by Mitchells Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers
· Market Hall Business of the Year – Sponsored by Arvato
· Best New Store (Opened 2015/2016) – Sponsored by Banner Jones Solicitors
· Retailer of the year – Sponsored by East Midlands Chamber
The winners of the 2017 Chesterfield Retail Awards will be announced at a special awards ceremony at the Winding Wheel on Wednesday 24 May later this year.
A further two award winners will also be announced at the ceremony; winners of The Pavements Shopping Centre and Vicar Lane Shopping Centre Retailer of the Year Awards.