From the council website:
Chesterfield Waterside forms part of the A61 Corridor Regeneration, which was granted ‘Highly Commended’ status at the 2011 Regeneration and Renewal Awards for its approach to Strategic Planning, and is the 47th largest regeneration project in the UK (source: Regeneration and Renewal Magazine).
- The project has outline planning permission for:
- Approximately 1500 dwellings;
- 30,000 square metres of office, business and industrial space;
- Shops, restaurants and leisure uses around a new canal basin on the former Trebor/Bassett factory site;
- A new stretch of canal;
- Protection and enhancement of the environment of the River Rother and Chesterfield.