The society and its members are dedicated to:
- Preserving buildings, monuments and places of natural beauty.
- Regenerating life in town centres and utilising urban wasteland.
- Encouraging good architecture and town planning by vigilant examination of proposals.
- Criticising, discouraging and opposing the destruction of amenities, bad planning and vulgarity in design.
- Co-operating with local authorities and organisations with similar aims – local, regional and national.
- Protecting civic amenities
- Encouraging a sense of citizenship and pride in our town and district.
Chairman: Bryan Thompson
Address: 672, Chatsworth Road, CHESTERFIELD, S40 3NU
Telephone: 01246 566211
Treasurer: Frank Gorman
Address: 70 Duke’s Drive, CHESTERFIELD, S41 8QE.
Telephone: 01246 235651
Meetings are normally held at 19.30pm on the second Tuesday of the month in the Eyre Chapel